Simpson Strong-Tie’s Titen® HD Concrete Screw Anchors are a popular brand of concrete anchor used widely in the construction industry. They are known generically as hex head concrete screws or concrete screws. Here we address why more builders specifically ask for the Titen® brand concrete anchors.
Titens® resemble a large bolt with coarse threads and cutting teeth on the lower portion. The unique shape of these concrete screws allows them to penetrate concrete and brick more effectively and securely, providing strong and reliable fastening.
Titens® work in all sorts of environments. They serve well in dry, interior, non-corrosive environments and they stand up in windy and/or vibrating structures. These popular concrete screws also come in stainless steel for use in corrosive atmospheres. Finally, they work well in temporary structures as they are removable. Reuse of the anchor is not recommended! Titens® undergo rigorous testing and comply with ACI 355.2, AC193, and AC106 building codes.
Ten Reasons Builders ask for Titen® HD Concrete Screw Anchors
- Work in cracked or uncracked concrete, and in uncracked masonry.
- Very Strong!
- Install easily.
- The teeth on the cutting threads ensure that there is no decrease in ductility.
- Come with a washer so there’s no need for a separate one.
- Work in all sorts of environments
- Available in stainless steel for use in more corrosive atmospheres.
- Removable so suitable for temporary structures.
- Save time with the effortless installation.
- Superb quality at affordable price!
How do Titen® HD Concrete Screw Anchors compare with other popular concrete screws? We will contrast them with the equally reputable Tapcon®. Tapcons® are easily identified by their blue Climaseal® coating. This layer makes them excel in outdoor use. They cost more than Titens® because of the coating, and also because they are manufactured in the USA. After speaking to a couple of our builders who are partial to the Titens®, we learned that both varieties of concrete screw rank as super strong and dependable. However, Titens® win out because they are more affordable.
Titens® come in a wide range of diameters and lengths.