Lightning Bolt Always Charges Fair & Honest Prices
Lightning Bolt was founded in a Colorado Springs home garage in 2002. After seeing the exorbitant prices charged by the big national fastener chain, our founder stocked 50 common fasteners and started his own business. He set out to prove he could charge fair & honest prices and provide superior customer service and people would notice and buy from him.
It worked! He started going business to business explaining how he could save each company money. Word of mouth spread the news and he soon opened up Lightning Bolt's first store and warehouse in Colorado Springs in 2002. This store and warehouse (now functioning as the Mothership) offered a service counter so that anybody needing fasteners could come in and buy.
Today, Lightning Bolt has three store/warehouses in Colorado, plus over 30 warehouses across the USA. With this, our product line has expanded too. Lightning Bolt also competitively distributes: cutting tools, abrasives, hand tools, safety products, electronic hardware, etc… Please see our product pages for a full listing. Call us at one of the numbers below or use our contact form to send an email if you have any questions.
Every employee at Lightning Bolt has an average of nine years experience in the fastener industry.
Lightning Bolt vs. Big National Fastener Chain
- We quote you a price and stick with it.
- Very low employee turnover.
- Our employees have an average of 9 years experience in the field of fasteners.
- Customer service takes precedent over profit.
- We get your quote to you fast!
- We shop for the best freight rates... and we don't mark that rate up to make a profit.
- They use the bait and switch technique (entice you with low ball pricing only to change it later).
- High employee turnover.
- Employees are inexperienced.
- Profit takes precedent over customer service.
- You will often need to call to check on the status of your RFQ.
- They will charge you an arm and a leg for freight.
Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) Programs, Free Delivery, and more...
Lightning Bolt provides bin stocking and vendor inventory management services. We also offer free delivery in specified areas around our stores in Colorado. If you need a special service and it isn’t listed here, just ask.
The large fastener chains will entice you to do business by offering free storage bins if you sign a contract to buy their very expensive fasteners for an allotted time.
- Bin Stocking Programs for Fasteners and Hardware (Denver, Colorado Springs, and Pueblo, CO)
- Free Delivery for Account Customers within a 10 Mile Radius of our Three Stores
- Contract Pricing
- Custom Packaging (Bagging and Kitting)
- Customer Part Number Referencing
- Private Labeling
- Custom Product Design, Research and Quoting
- Certificate of Compliance (COCs)
- Material Test Reports (MTRs) and Lot Traceability
- Same Day Shipping
- Prepaid Shipping on Volume Orders
- Blanket Purchase Orders
We excel with the strange and unusual products.
We love selling standard items, but we really get fired up by the challenging parts. If the product exists, we will find it. If it doesn’t exist, we will engineer it and have it manufactured.